Would you like to subscribe TheHoneybunch?

Nuffnang

↑ Grab This Widget! • Widget By Mad Tomato

Friday, August 14, 2009

Mom's Choice Breastfeeding Campaign Contest


Mom's Choice has launched this contest in conjunction with the recent Breastfeeding Week Celebration
(1st-7th August, 2009)

Deadline 22nd of August, 2009





Those are the group of Sponsors for the Contest Gift.

What's the gift? It remains mystery...


Do you need to know more on the details on this contest? Just click to the upper banner, which is also appearing in my left sidebar.

The World Breastfeeding Week that was celebrated last 1st of August to 7th of August just passed by. Though this worldwide celebration was over for this year, this maternal gesture still 'kicking' to all Nursing Moms & managed to 'inject' some motivation to the Mother To Be as well as to New Mothers.

Well, I must say I am one of those hardcore Nursing Moms. I started off wrongly, managed to rectify my mistakes, able to upgrade from mixed feeding to fully breastfeed, did counselling via Forum as I was a Breastfeeding Forum Moderator some more & I was in Breastfeeding Support Group. Then I stopped.Needed that as I was concentrating on my studies & Hanafi finally weaned off at the age of almost 3 years old. Alhamdulillah...


That was then, between year 2004 to 2007.


Here was I reminiscence the good old days...


Hanafi, at the age of 8 months plus, was accompanying his Mama distributing leaflet of My Moms Best at the Kid's Fair year 2004.

Simultaneously, I did face-to-face campaigning to the passer-by especially mothers and even counselling to those who inquired A to Z on breastfeeding. The best part was I also distributed my self-research like the Common Problem on Breastfeeding & ABM Protocol on Breastmilk Storage Guidelines.We joined booth with FabulosMoms & BlessedMums.



This was taken at MumsandBabes, De Palma Ampang in year 2005. Jasmine of MumsandBabes was generous enough to loan us her office, the Breastfeeding Support Group to hold this Breastfeeding Interaction Chat.We not only mingled but shared experiences, infos & stories.

Soon follow-up with another Breastfeeding Support Group gathering held at one of our members' house.

I am currently still going strong breastfeed my second boy who is now 14 months old & despite now he is teething & having Nursing Strike, I am well-off prepared. You know what they said..wiser & learned from mistakes! :>


I may no longer actively involved in Breastfeeding Forum and Breastfeeding Support Group but that does not stop me on this passion though.

The beauty of the internet is you will find another channel to keep ongoing your passion!
One of my passion is BREASTFEEDING.

When you step in this Chatterbox of mine, as I fondly refer of, the first thing you will notice is the header & you tend to see a picture of me tenderly BREASTFEEDING!

Move on to the right sidebar, and you will notice one of the lable of my content chat is BREASTFEEDING.

Allow me to list 'some' of my earlier chat (post) that revolves around this favourite topic of mine. You can just click to the title to go to that particular chat.


** My Breastfeeding Journey (Part 1)

** My Breastfeeding Journey (Part 2)

** Breastfeeding Notes : A Bits on Facts that most Nursing Moms unaware of

** Breastfeeding Notes : Preparation Tips

** Nonsense in Breastfeeding that people likely to do to Nursing Moms

** Common Problem on Breastfeeding & Ways to handle it (Part 1)

** Common Problem on Breastfeeding & Ways to handle it (Part 2)

** If breastfeeding is so great, why are the rates so low

Well, for the past months, I did utilise another 'medium' along with this Chaterbox to channel this passion...



-----------------------------------
-------------------------------

-------------------------

-------------------

-------------

--------

----

--

-




Here is my card. My Social Card.

If so happen I think that apart from keeping in touch with people, I used this card so that I can provide any assistance after the initial meet.


My tagline :- I love, I do, I support, I promote Breastfeeding, Cloth Diapering, Babywearing, Baby Signing & Homeschooling.

I believe in Natural Parenting & wants to adapt the Attachment Parenting and one of the tools in Attachment Parenting is BREASTFEEDING.

Just so happen last week while I was browsing one Baby Store nearby my office with my boy, Hanafi, I overheard 'some' conversation between these 3 ladies.

Their conversation was mainly on breastpump.


Initially I thought they were looking for a gift for maybe their friends who just gave birth but later on I found actually one of the ladies was still in Confinement and she was the one who are searching not only breastpump but few more breastfeeding gadget.


When she was asking about the Medela Breastpump, which was the Harmony & observing the sales lady stuttered & unsure on her facts, I could not restrain myself to interject & provided my input.


So off I was answering many, many, questions from her about breastfeeding...pity her, she seemed ignorance about breastfeeding but thumbs up to her for having the desire to nurse her newborn.

I gave her my 'Social Card' & hope she do visit this humble Chatterbox of mine and contact me in case she needs my assistance in regard to this matter.


To me, everywhere I go, whenever it would be and maybe even if my second child has stop breastfeeding, my passion towards breastfeeding won't simply faded.


I adore my Breastfeeding Journey, a bitter-sweet memory that I would cherish always...


I love sharing it with others too and would keep on learning from others as well.



Breastfeeding ROCKS Mom's World!



26 Vis-a-vis:

nelcyndana said...

cayalah hanz!

precious innocent said...

la.. awat x kasi card u kat i masa kat MOD Sarakids hari tu???

-mama emma®-

Hanz said...

Nelcy, breastfeeding Rocks! :P

Hanz said...

Emma, nak kasi card kat Sarakids aritu? err..me segan ngan u...

yatie chomeyl said...

wah cayalah Hanz! *10 thumbs up*.
I pon love internet coz everytime I ada kemusykilan bab BF, i'll get the answer by putting up the question in my blog..and voila....i'll get the answers hehehheeh...*like the one I did today* kui3x

Hanz said...

true Yatie...we are considered lucky enough having the access of internet.

But think about those whom without this technology beauty? It's a good thing we have plenty of Lactation Counsellors & passionate Nursing Moms out there whom is passionate to go all the way with various mediums in promoting breastfeeding..I salute these people!

Malaysia is considered well-verse in BF compared to other countries!

SOHO Mama said...

Yes breastfeeding ROCKS! Sukanya I still dpt bf Zuleyka..kalau The Boyz umur2 mcm dia dah stop dah..yup due to ignorance..!
I pun kdg2, kalau boleh terjah org nye conversation tu..i buat jugak :)

BTW Hanafi sebijik muka dia mcm skrg..tak berubah!

Hanz said...

U pun terjah conversation org yer..kih,kih, kalau dah bersemangat tu kita mesti buat camtu, kan.. :P

A-ah, Hanafi memang maintain & muka dia panjang compared to Hambali..& he's more mellow..

nadnye said...

I like the quote Breastfeeding Rocks.. :)
me too addicted to breastfeeding, semua info nie dapat dari internet... tu la rugi masa dulu2 anak pertama takde access, takde knowledge, tak macam sekarang..

KittyCat said...

So cool, Hanz, nice to network with other breastfeeding Mums! I was too busy last time coz I was a FTWM. Hopefully, this time around I'll be able to mix with more BFMs :)

Btw, I have these FOR SALE:
a) Bravado Nursing Tank Tops (size 40 F/G) and
b) Bravado Bodysilk Essential Nursing Bras (XL)

Would you please let your breastfeeding buddies know about them? Hope to sell them off to mums in Malaysia or I'll have to return them to US for exchange already...

Details at: FOR SALE: Bravado Maternity Nursing Tank and Nursing Bras

miela77 said...

Tahniahla Hanz...anda terpilih kerana mampu menyusukan anak sepenuhnya...x seperti daku...isk..isk..isk..

btw meh order ikan pekasam RM28 utk 5 bungkus + postage..murah dan sedap.. Email Miela.77@gmail.com

Dan Antivirus tuk H1N1 di http://miela77.blogspot.com/2009/08/bio-herbal-anti-virus-sesuai-utk.html

e-caR NazRin aka ibuEiymann said...

salam..
gud luck utk contest nie gaks.. same2 lar kite jd BF-ibu yg b'jaya..lps nie leh same2 share info BF..

BF-ibu mmg rawkksss!!

Zimah's Depart said...

good luak for the contest..

danial said...

hi hanz,

i am quite new at breastfeeding. just got my second child 3 weeks ago, and trying my best to persevere with first time bfeeding. hope u can help with a few questions;

1. i keep having recurrent cracked nipples. seen by 3 staff nurses and 2 govt hospital LC who told me that the baby's latching fine. then why do i have this problem? is there such thing as small mouth and nipples too big? my baby is a bit smallish- 2.55 kg only? will it go away by itself ?

2. after 3-4 minutes of sucking, my bb will doze off to sleep, but there would be milk coming out from his nostril. is it common?

thanks for ur input. ; )

Hanz said...

Dear Danial..firstly, congrats on the recent arrival of your newborn & thumbs up to u for deciding to persevere bf this time round.

About cracked nips, usually relates to incorrect latching meaning bb is not sucking the areola but since u mention tht LC & nurses confirmed your latching is ok, maybe u want to try to put nip cream instead. Try the Medela brand.

3 weeks bb has a very tiny stomach & 3-4 mins of sucking, your bb is getting enough milk.Doze of after that is the sign that your bb is ok. Rest assured if your bb is frequently feed, this is normal too coz mom's milk is easily digest. And, a bit of milk from his nostril is also normal, but do burp him after each feeding, ya.

mama danial and eva said...

hanz,

for your information, i am using lansinoh cream. the cream works, but i usually have to stop direct feeding eva for 2 days for the pain to completely subside. then when i start again, it recurs. not as painful initially, but worsens as the days goes by. past 3 weeks, i have had to do this 2 times already, and now it is getting very painful again. do this problem go away with time?

Hanz said...

oh dear..hugs to u..i feel for you..

Would u consider using nipple shield during nursing? Missing days of direct feeding might lead to swollen or fluctuate supply...unless you do express milk just to ensure the process continuing...

By the way, where u r located?
Perhaps you can contact Vivian of Fabulousmom. She's very helpful & her store available all sort bf kits to assist mom & perhaps meeting her personally she can suggest in-depth ways to encounter this. Here's the link:- www.fabulousmom.com

I pray this phase is temporarily to you. Hang on tough, ya!

mama danial and eva said...

thank you Hanz. i think that is exactly what I'll do, there is an LC coming to Ipoh tomorrow. i think I'll go see her and get some advice.

the thing is, govt LC said , this problem will go away with time and what i need to do is just bear with it.i dont think it will go away unless u rectify the problem. and when i tried calling her back, there was no answer.

maybe govt staffs are just overworked...but it is sad to encounter this situation. i guess, maybe there are a lot more mothers out there who have the same problem, and if they dont get help, many will just give up and feed their babies formula instead.

so, please pray that i will find the solution tomorrow :). breastfeeding is so easy, no bottles, no fear of running out of formula milk, now that i have discovered breastfeeding. i fervently hope i can overcome this little hiccup.

thank you for your advice. will update you on my progress later :D

Hanz said...

Mama Danial, great u r meeting LC tomorrow. Pray u do find the solution. U got my message in your blog, right? Hope it is not that.

Yeah as what I heard, seen & read, most bf moms who encountered same situation like u, confirmed this is temporarily...actually it did happened to my sis in law who is still in confinement..but now she's ok already...:>

Yes, please..keep me posted in your situation.

mama danial and eva said...

ya, read the comment already. thanks for dropping by. will take note of your advice. thanks :)

mama danial and eva said...

dear hanz,
i saw suraya (www.lunatots.com) and farah (www.sarakids.com) last sunday. apparently what i have is not cracked nips, just my breasts are supersensitive, that's why everytime my baby latches, i feel pain. apparently there are mothers with this condition. which i think explain why i cannot pump properly using spectra3, it always hurt.

they are quite honest with it, it doesnt go away with time, but i guess if u get used to it, it will be better with time. the latching is fine, alhamdulillah.

so, i thank you so much for giving me all those advice. hope you win the giveaways that u participated in.

selamat berpuasa! :)

Hanz said...

Mama Danial, relief to hear that is the cause though pity u for having to endure this...hang on tough, ya! Your endurance, insya-Allah akan dibalas kebaikannya & your baby will thank you for this..

AlohaMolly said...

Hanz, I like to ask about extended breastfeeding. I BF my daughter until 1 year old and now I plan to continue BF my son as long as he still wants it. My question is how do we sustain the milk supply for a growing up child? We have to still pump regularly 4 hrs apart right…besides that what else can or should we do…hmm..my milk supply seems be to decreasing…but my son still wants my boobs and nothing else at night when we co-sleeping..

Precious said...

What do I say? I'm too old to have more babies. But I did breastfed all my 4 children. Yuup .. the bitter-sweet memories of breast feeding. At d end of the day though, it was well worth all d effort!

Hanz said...

Alohamolly..sorry for my late response...

I still remember that last time for my elder son, my ever trusted LC & Paed, Dr Koe, said..for 1 year old above, milk requirement needed per 24hours about min 20oz in total. You see, they are eating well at this stage so lesser milk requires as long the diet is ample & complete.

Pumping session it is up to you, as long there is adequate milk supply. And to sustain, maintain direct BF for stimulation & ensuring production keeps on going, next your pumping can be continue & eat well. If there's showing sign of depletion, take booster food & eliminate any stress factor.

Let your baby provide the cue when he wants to wean off rather you force him so.Our babies are smart.Allow him to decide.

asmieyra said...

i love brestfeeding, tapi baby takank menyusu direct, sedih benar.. sis.. apa nak buat yer?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin